Saturday, March 30, 2013

Yamaguchi Flea Market & Ruriko-ji Temple 3-3-13

Okay so I'm a little behind on the blog I know but I'm playing catch up today :) On March 3rd we took a two hour drive to Yamaguchi to go to a flea market that is held the first Sunday of every month. I was super excited because you hear people talk about this flea market a lot! After getting lost... thank you Google maps we finally found it and boy was it busy!! Sadly though I didn't find it that exciting, it was really just a glorified yard sale and I didn't even think to take pictures. The only one that was taken was of the little nugget eating a fresh orange and it was delicious!!!


After the flea market we decided to see what else was in the area (seeing as we drove all that way) and found that there was a temple right down the road. We are glad we went because it was such a beautiful temple! We started in the cemetery where the graves of the Mori family are located. (They ruled the area in the early 16th Century)















Love this picture even though Cody is making a duck face :)







The Pagoda built in 1442 it stands approximately 31 meters high... I honestly couldn't take enough pictures of it. It was so beautiful. 


















The entrance to the temple






 
 Haylen and her BFF Mia :)







I secretly took this picture... I had to get these girls dressed in their Kimonos    
We stopped to eat afterwards at the only restaurant we could find before getting back on the highway. Luckily the food was delicious

My meal (half eaten... Crab legs over rice)
Cody's (Chicken over rice, onions and eggs)

No comments:

Post a Comment